Commemorative Launch of Torrens University Australia
Leverage President Bill Clinton’s planned travel to Australia for a speaking engagement to stage a Commemorative Launch of Torrens University Australia – part of the Laureate International Universities group of which President Clinton was the Honorary Chancellor for a five years
- Stage a keynote presentation delivered by President Clinton outlining his vision for ‘Global Education in The Future’.
- Invite key political and industry stakeholders to raise profile of University as a credible and authoritative new entrant in the market.
- Involve students in all aspects of coordination and presentation to showcase work experience opportunities delivered by the University.
- Invite media from around Australia to cover the key note address including live broadcasting and reporting.
- Follow event with one-on-one briefings and interviews with key University management, academic staff and participating students.
Over 60 news, education, careers, youth and vertical trade media attended the launch event including: all major TV networks – with Channel 9 broadcasting rolling coverage live from the event; talk back and news radio stations – with ABC 891 Adelaide broadcasting live; and a number of print and online media flying into Adelaide from around Australia
Activity generated 365 media clips nationally including 97 TV and 208 radio clips – with a calculated audience reach of over 8.8 million people – in 24 hours, equating to over $829,000 AVE.