Relaunch of Atkins in Australia
Educate Australians about the benefits of following a low carb lifestyle; establish Atkins’ as the leading low carb weight loss program; grow database of registered Atkins users; promote Atkins’ products as convenient and tasty snacks as part of a well-balanced diet.
AWA devised and implemented a multi-phased program including:
- Phase One: Educate the influencers pre-launch (dietitians, nutritionists and health and wellness commentator) regularly sought for comment by the media on health, diet and nutrition about New Atkins (versus old Atkins) via information kits; one on one briefings; presentations at industry conferences.
- Phase Two: De-bunk the myths surrounding low carb eating (ahead of Ambassador announcement) via targeted media relations program using local accredited practising dietitian as spokesperson.
- Phase Three: Launch Australian Atkins Ambassador (popular radio host and champion of the everyday woman, Fifi Box) to showcase real life weight loss journey via multi-issue/story exclusives with Woman’s Day Magazine/Channel 7 chronicling achievement of 5kg, 10kg and 15kg weight loss milestones
- Phase Four: Atkins Made Easy, demonstrating Atkins as easy to follow/balanced/tasty by working with professional chef to develop themed menu ideas around special events/seasons and negotiating testing/photography of menus by leading women’s/ health titles.
- Phase Five: Launch of Atkins community forums and social assets
- Phase Six: Targeted sampling, sharing positive feedback on Atkins products directly from consumers across traditional and social media.
Educate Australians about the benefits of following a low carb lifestyle; establish Atkins’ as the leading low carb weight loss program; grow database of registered AtThe program to date has resulted in over 300 print, magazine, radio, online and television stories with a combined AVE of more than AU$3million.
Total database of registered users via Atkins.com has grown exponentially to now exceed 33,000.
Expansion of product range has been secured in-store, with 15 Atkins products now rated in the top 30 in the ‘diet and sport’ category – generating an annual turnover of +AU$20million.