Singapore F1 Grand Prix Night Race
Launch Singapore’s inaugural SingTel F1 Grand Prix night race, generate buzz and excitement about the event, drive ticket sales and visitation during the period and promote the city’s ‘after dark’ offering.
Implementation of a multi tiered program including:
- Staging of a major media and trade event at the Singapore Heritage Restaurant, Sydney to showcase Singapore’s after dark attractions including: new restaurant precincts (Clarke Quay, Rochester Park, Dempsey Rd); bars and night clubs (Ministry of Sound, St James Power Station); attractions (Singapore’s Night Zoo); AND Singapore’s inaugural F1 night race. Over 60 A-list Australian travel and travel trade media attended, who were treated to live sets by Singapore’s Ministry of Sound Head DJ.
- Creation and execution of a Media Teaser Campaign, including staggered distribution of items themed ‘things that come out at night’: an owl; a collection of stars, and evening primrose seeds – leading to the final reveal of a mini F1 racing car and media release promoting the world’s first F1 night race.
- Development and placement of Singapore ‘after dark’ lift out guides in national titles including Escape; Vacations & Travel; Australian Gourmet Traveller and The West Australian newspaper.
- “Win a trip to Singapore” viewer promotion with Channel 10 (official broadcasters of the F1) to experience the inaugural race – promoted across the station via 223 x 30 sec second promo spots (written and produced by AWA). Over 19,000 entries were received.
- Media famils to experience the race and Singapore’s after dark offering including: Top Gear Australia Magazine, NewsLimited (for the national newspaper group), Channel 10 (for the Good Morning and Sports Today programs); and HD One ( Channel10’s dedicated digital sports channel). Negotiation with HD One to broadcast the F1 night race live from Singapore, in addition to interstitials showcasing Singapore’s broader tourism offering.
Sold out tickets to the inaugural Singapore Singtel F1 Grand Prix night race. Spike in Australian visitor arrivals during the F1 event month. Website visitor numbers and inbound booking enquiries significantly increased during the period. Over 175 media clips, equating to over AU$2.5 million (AVE) worth of media coverage was received.