Qunci Resort & Villa’s – Chefs in the Wild
We had already accomplished the press goals for the Month of Love (MOL) Campaign that attracted Bloomberg TV, Business Week, Billionaire, Tempo and leading media from the region. Now we were charged with securing greater gourmand travelers during the off season while increasing destination awareness to one of Indonesia’s most successful lodging brands, the multiple award winning Qunci Resort & Villas.
• Make Qunci pop out as a food destination through with the campaign, “Chefs in the Wild.”
• Break through the clutter of Bali food and destination pieces and let Lombok and Qunci present itself as something new on the map to those who love travel + food.
• Increase traffic to Qunci website and fb, which will break into six digits of “Like”.
• Achieve Qunci’s desire to be rated as the very best accommodation in the region by stylish Australian and Asian leisure travelers to Indonesia.
• Accomplish the above on a very limited budget.
• Australian, specifically NSW.
• Secondary: Asian and European.
Research, Planning and Implementation
• While we felt there was a worthy concept planned, we needed to find just the right chefs who are notable while being adventurous such as those who participated in the MOL Campaign.
• We decided to focus on regional chefs (Singapore, WA) given Silk Air and JetStar serviced Lombok directly.
• MOL was a great model and precursor for Chefs in the Wild as the month-long campaign focused on leading chefs, world recognized cuisines alongside wine paring events, a musical performance by a leading Singaporean classical guitarist and an exhibition by Teguh Ostenrik, one of Indonesia’s most lauded fine artists.
• We timed the launch to shore up the slowest month of travel over the year.
Lombok, the next island over, may not be Bali but it is carving its own niche with recognized visiting chefs and the best of organic ingredients from land and sea and that the quiet of Lombok provided the perfect backdrop for true relaxation and romance.
We achieved all press placement objectives with media placements in top flight international magazines namely Islands (USA edition) and Destinasian magazine and pushed the fb “like” numbers in what was the most robust surge to date. We also reached secondary international audiences with coverage in online media outlets and magazines in Indonesia and the region with a placement value of over $300,000
We accomplished the above with several air-tickets purchased for Jakarta media.